Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Miele Novotronic T284 ... and it can work fine ...

Customer Question

I have a Miele Novotronic T284 ... and it can work fine ... but it often doesn't start .. you have to turn on and off, bang it a few times, and then it turns on and works fine ... do you have any ideas or suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The first thing that comes to mind that makes you have to bang on it tells me possibly the lid lock is not initiating. Do you hear the clicking of the lock when you shut it and go to start a load?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah, the door clicks every time. When I turn on the alliance, it "click" (a relay) once; then slam the door (it clicks shut) and sometimes there is a relay click; and then press start, which clicks from 0-2 times ... sometimes it starts, sometimes not (mostly not). So I keep doing this until it starts ...I sense that I need to have someone look at it, right? Or can I open up and clean/replace the relays; or whatever is wrong?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I believe the problem is your door lock. It will try to click up to 3 times without locking properly and will give up. Slamming the door is making the lock switch activate but until you replace it this problem will continue.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Checking in with you since I have not heard back from you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To be clear, the door already clicks in; as it clicks shut, there is a large and significant "click". THEN when I push on the start button, sometimes there is a click or two (a relay sound) and sometimes not. And sometimes, the dryer starts (without a relay click).I think it has to do with the starting of the dryer, not the door? You? And how do I get this fixed?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Well the reason I assumed the lock is because of the banging you have to do. If the relay board is the problem that means your control board. The clicking on off on off means its not sticking correctly but if you do not think the locking is the issue I will open this up to other experts for another opinion.