Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have error ed4 in zanussi washing machine. I had also e42

Customer Question

Hi i have error ed4 in zanussi washing machine. I had also e42 and change lock door for new one but not working what i vould do. Thanks
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Zanussi essential 1200 6k ZWWD12270W
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Im trying
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No before i have ed4 and e42 and i changed the door locker for new one after start make three clash clash vlash and stop
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

ED4 is a dryer circuit board problem. But what we find on these is the dryer element failes as the insultaion goes low and the board picks this up and causes problems in there.

What you can try is pull the washer out and take the top off.

From there you will see the metal dryer chamber in the middle going from front to back.

At the back you will see 4 wires. This is the dryer element. Disconnect them and then retry the washer and see if it works.

If it does then the dryer element will need to be replaced to cure the problem. But the washer will work fine like that untill you get the element replaced.

Regards