Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a CDA wc430 dishwasher and it won't run its

Customer Question

Hi,I have a CDA wc430 dishwasher and it won't run its programmes.it stopped when empty and alarm keeps sounding and 4 lights flash.could u help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: The make is CDA and model is WC430.i haven't run a test cycle but 4 programme indicator lights flash and alarm beep sounds when I try to run any cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible,yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I think
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

What lights are flashing?

If you number the program lights from left to right with 1 on the left which number lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1,2,3 and 4
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did u get my reply?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Yes i got it. Just been checking the service info on this and there isnt an error code listed that uses 4 flashing lights.

Are you able to reset the controls and try a new cycle?

If so then does the same flashing lights come back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it doesn't matter which cycle I try the same lights flash
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Ok try this and see what happens and let me know.

Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the programme button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse programme only.

Try that and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first and fifth lamps are not lighting up.tried it more than several times
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Ok if thats not working then just leave it.

As to the fault when you reset it what actually happens before the lights start to flash?

Does it make any noise?

Does it try and fill with water?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when u close door it beeps more than once then seems as if cycle is starting but then beeps again.when u open door the four lights are flashing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Bit strange this one as theres no error code that uses the 4 flashing lights that you have here.

So given you have them lights flashing and the reset isnt working then its possibley a faulty control board here. As this dishwasher is actually made by Smeg and just badged up CDA. These Smeg control boardss do fail alot on these so given the fault you have here and the lights flashing then it does look like its possibley the control board at fault here causing this fault.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It stopped after trying to start cycle last night.didnt realise it hadn't worked until this morning.checked drainage pipe and it was clear but U bend under sink which it is attached to was blocked.cleared that and thought it would work but just got symptoms I have described
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

I dont think its a draining fault as a draining error code is lights 1 3 and 4 flashing.

But if the dishwasher is still full of water then scoop out all the water inside and retry it and see what happens from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's empty.I have the manual and I can see that there is no fault code for 4 lights flashing.thats why I got in touch with you
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Thats the thing. The lights you have isnt a error code as smeg dont have a 4 light error code system.

So as you have them lights flashing then its looking like a fault on the control board itself here im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have just spent £13 for someone to read the manual and cos it's not in the manual they don't know any more than I do?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Its not in the manual as its not an error code.

Its a fault with the control board itself like ive said. You need to replace the control board to cure this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that advice has cost me £13.can u send me contact details for ur customer services department please.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

I dont have controlled over the pricing on here. I just answer the questions.

I will send this over to customer services for you and they can help you on the money side.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there any of ur other experts that may be able to help?