Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Looking at my mother's Seimens dishwasher, which has not

Hi there Daniel,
Looking at my mother's Seimens dishwasher, which has not been extracting all water (leaving a couple of cm above the sump bowl).
I've had a look -no kinks in the pipe. However, the impeller turns but occasionally jams softly, but resumes turning when a bit of extra pressure applied -doesn't seem normal to me? Having cleared the area of all debris (not much), I tried another cycle and halfway through the cycle the machine made a crunching noise and stopped in mid-cycle. When I went back in, again a couple of cm of water and the impeller was completely jammed until I gave it a firm push, then it released again. I'm assuming this a pump problem? -Is that right? I think this is probably beyond my DIY skills (!) Can you help?
FD8611 000096
(model no. on the manual: 9000 112 923 (8507)
Many thanks,

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Your are right it is something to do with the pump.

Now it could be either the pump itself faulty or theres something small stuck in there jamming the pump up.

Pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and from there remove the bottom base cover.

There you will see the pump. Remove this and check for any debris in there. Then refit it and retry it and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its just a bit of debris in there jamming it up.

But if still the same then its the pump itself at fault which for this it will need to be replaced.

But check it first as i think you may find its just blocked in there.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi thanks -giving it a go.However, the base has a big white plastic casing -can't see how to get beyond it. There is a plate on the front base which is accessible -do I access through there?Cheers,

Sorry my fault. This model has the solid base.

So to access the pump on this you neeed to remove that metal plate you see below the door and above the plastic base.

Make sure all the water is out and on the front left you will see a hose. Just pull this out as its a push fit hose.

Then you can remove the pump there. Its a twist fit pump so twist it off and check it from there.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Many thanks Daniel,That's very tight -can barely get my hand in to twist off. Sorry, do you Is there anyway I can remove the base to get in closer?Fares
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
OK, managed to get it out. The impeller makes half a rotation and then there is a bit of resistance - hen another half rotation, then a bit or resistance, etc. (the same in both directions) Is that the way it should be?Cheers,
The resistance you feel on the pump is normal as it does ping round in stages.Just feel inside the chamber were the pump goes and make sure there's nothing in there.Then refit the pump and retry it and see how it goes from there.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hi Daniel,*Thank you* so much - you are awesome! I found a couple of small pieces of glasses lurking in the rim of the pump chamber - Dishwasher now fixed and fully functional again! Many thanks :-)