Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Tecnik dw2677 and have read other people's

Hello Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have a Tecnik dw2677 and have read other people's problems. When I switch on and try an economy wash, the machine starts to drain for 2 or3 seconds then stops, defaults to the rinse cycle and stops, then bleeps continually.Also it flashes 16 times then a pause and then flashes 16 times again. I have tried resetting it by holding power button and start button together but it all starts again with the same process.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a Tecnik dw2677 and is approx 8 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can try. The other thing is that when I cleaned out the filter it was full of gloopy stringy material. Is it possible that it may be blocked further down the line. I have tried putting boiling water down with no success.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, have you read the first email
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is a dishwasher, not a washing machine

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Ok 16 flashes is an FF error code which the service manual states is a motor related problem.

What you need to do is check the contacts on the wash motor at the bottom and then check the wiring as it goes from the motor up to the control board.

Take the outer door panel off and from there you will see the wiring loom. Open the plastic cover up and check the wiring in there. Give the wires a tug as they can break internally in there. If so then repair the wiring and retry it and see how it goes.

If still the same then the wash motor will need to be replaced to cure the problem.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for this -We feared it may be an electrical problem. We will try and fix it but as stated by a previous caller, it costs £170 to replace the motor in which case it would not be really cost effective for an 8 year old machine. However we will try to repair any wiring first.
regards Ann

Yep motors are very expensive so not really worth fixing. So check the wiring if you can but if thats all ok you may be best with a new dishwasher rather then spending big money on fixing this.

Just wondering how you got on with this as the question is still open. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. But if not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks