Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have an indesit washing machine, model iwe7125 and it

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have an indesit washing machine, model iwe7125 and it won't start any washing circle. The red lock door indicator is flashing but the door is closed and secured..
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: INDESIT IWE 7125, about 5 yrs old I guess..
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the typical lock click sounds many times before it stops let me count how many
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: It sounds 3 times and then the lock indicor starts flashing
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

When you try and start it and the door lock light flashes is the door actually locked so you cannot open the door?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
no, I can open the door anytime by pushing the handle as always
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

Ok if the door isnt locking then the fault will be either the door lock or control board. Its more likely the door lock that causes this fault.

Open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the door seal and then unlip the seal.

make sure the washer is unplugged and then remove the door lock and pull it through the porthole there.

Disconnect the wiring block on the lock and inspect it for burning. If theres signs of burning then you need to replace the door lock and repair the wiring as well.

If the wiring looks ok then you need a mulitmeter to test the lock. On the lock you will see 3 tags. Test between all 3 tags and you should get a reading between 2 of them. If you dont then the door lock needs to be replaced.

But if the lock is fine then just check the carbon brushes in the back of the motor. As if these wear down it can cause this kind of fault. Normally the door locks but worth checking them anyway.

But if the brushes are fine as well as the door lock then im afraid you are looking at a faulty control board here im afraid.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok, when you say to remove the metal clamp from around the door seal, you mean just the external clamp and not the whole seal, right?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

Yep just the external clamp then you can unlip the door seal off the front cabinet. Just leave the door seal on the drum as you dont need to remove that part.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks! I'll go do it now. If I need to ask anything more, is it possible to do it? It's my first time here and I don't know how it works...
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

No worries. And thats fine. You can keep asking for more help on this question for as long as you need thats not a problem as you only pay the once for this question thread.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thanks again!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

Your very welcome

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hi again! So, the wiring block had one tag burned.. I want to ask, is there a possibility that the wire itself created the problem and I will have the same problem with the new block soon?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 days ago.

If the wiring block had 1 burnt tag then yes that will have created the problem.

You will more then likely have to replace the door lock but the wiring block must be replaced. You can cut each wire out of the block and retag them on there own and rewire the lock up like that. As if you dont rewire the block then it will happen again very quickly.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 day ago.

Just wondering how you got on with this as the question is still open. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. But if not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks