Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hen, My Whirlpool undercounter oven is showing error F03. I

Customer Question

Hi Hen
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: My Whirlpool undercounter oven is showing error F03. I have replaced thermostat . After switching power of and resetting stove works for a few minutes and then code kicks in
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 5 years old model is AKZ 431/01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I had circuit board checked at work by my electronic technician and all is good
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

F03 is a circuit board fault on this im afraid. Its a fault in the programming of the board that causes it. So looking at the board and testing the componments will all show up as ok thats why the techinian you had check the board says its ok as it will test ok. Its the programming of the board thats the fault.

Now on some models you can try and reprogram it by cutting resistors. Not all have this.

Access the circuit board again and on there you will see a square box with the word service on it. Have a look in that box and see if theres either a bank of resistors or a wiring plug.

If its the resistors then you can try and programe it. On the sticker on the door there will be either a single digit or double digit service number on there. Let me know what it is and then i can tell you which resistors you need to cut.

But if there isnt the resistors there and its just a small plug then you cannot do it on this as you need the handheld device which whirlpool have. In this case the control board will need to be replaced to cure it.

Let me know what type of circuit board you have as the F03 is always down to the main control board im afraid. This is something we replace a lot of for the F03 error code.