Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Zanussi iz1200 washing machine. A E52 error is

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi iz1200 washing machine. A E52 error is coming up on it and stopping the machine. If I switch off the machine and back on Ican restart the machine where it stopped, which is usually at the start of the rinse cycle.I read that E52 has something to do with the motor. Is there anything you can suggest I can try please.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 days ago.

E52 is more to do with the motor on these.

What you need to do first is remove the motor from the back or access it frm underneath.

There at the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and inspect them and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.

But if the brushes are fine then its more then likely the motor itself or it could be the control board. Both parts are very expensive to replace so may not be worth it.

But check the carbon brushes first as they are cheap enough to replace and quite easy.