Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Sure you can try I have a kenwood dishwasher Turned on, but

Customer Question

sure you can try I have a kenwood dishwasher Turned on, but pressing programme button does not go through the available programs
JA: I'm an assistant to the Appliance Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: I have a kenwood dishwasher, it has power, so once it is turned on I can't select a wash programme
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: how do you run a diagnostic test cycle?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if it is an easy fix model is KDW12ST3A
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I only have basic tools
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I think I have managed to get it to do something. Holding down the 3 buttons on the right hand side, I turned it on, it beeped and seems to be running a count down from 18, closed the door and the machines is running through its various cycles. I am hoping after this it will work... stay tuned...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 9 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** firstly there is no diagnostic cycle on this model, Come back to me when you have allowed it to move through its cycle.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Ian, the count down has stopped at 10 (started at 18)... Should I see if it will allow me to select a program now?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

Yes - pull plug leave it for about 5 mins and then pick the hottest program you have and see if it goes through, then come back to me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Ian, as I said cycle stopped at 10, unplugged for a good 10 minutes, turned it back on - still can't select a program
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 days ago.

OK back to basics then, take off the front door panel and once you have it off check that the cables are intact, the switch panel is correctly in place and that when you push a button it actually hits the microswitch on the pcb then come back to me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok, cover off, took out the switches. None of the switches do anything when pressed directly when the power is on. Having said that, when all 3 pressed it does go into that test cycle I mentioned before. Wiring etc looks ok - as in nothing seems to be burnt or out of place (to the untrained eye)