Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanusssi zdc68560w tumble dryer will not start codes C7

Customer Question

Zanusssi zdc68560w tumble dryer will not start codes C7 changing to E5E. I am told repair would be expensive.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have just given you the make & model and it is 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, not capable.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thats all I think.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

E5E error code is a fault on the motor inverter control board.

Basically the control board that controls the motor is faulty. This will need to be replaced to cure the fault. But the inverter board itself is £195 so a very expensive part. So with labour on top you are looking at around the £250 mark which isnt worth it as you can get a new dryer for that price.

But 1 thing you can try is get a fixed price repair from either Currys Know how or British Gas as they both do fixed price repairs for about £120 all in. So for that part they will call out and fix the dryer and thats all you pay. So for expensive parts like this it could be worth it.

But other then that then im afraid its better to get a new dryer for this fault, Sorry its not good news.

If you need anymore info just get back too me.