Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint aquarius fdm 550...it start making the

i have a hotpoint aquarius fdm 550...it start making the washing sound but empties all the water and then all the lights start flashing.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the model is FDM 55o and was bought in2009 but started doing the extra flashings in 2015
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Hi

Are you sure its all the lights thats flashing?

If you look at the 4 lights on the right hand side which is the start button and the 3 cycle phase lights. Are all of them flashing?

If not then which ones are flashing?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Daniel T.....all the lights are flashing....unfortunately the machine is in the Caribbean so i cannot verify the sequence of the flashings at this time
However it would be helpful if you help me understand what the difference in the various sequence of the flashings signifies and their remedy. *****@******.***
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It would be nice to purchase the appropriate part or parts for the machine if needed to take with me back to Grenada. the
washer has not been extensively used hence our wanting to get it going
***@******.***

So sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If uploaded pictures from the service manual which shows what the error codes mean by the flashing lights and if gives a rough idea of possible causes. Theres 3 pictures so have a look at them and see what you find.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3