Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have an E63 error on tumble dryer. Have just replaced the

Customer Question

Hi - have an E63 error on tumble dryer. Have just replaced the heater assembly and Control board but still getting error?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number please.

Also when you start it going on a dry cycle do you feel any heat at all from the dryer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi - model is AEG T86280IC. Currently no heat during any cycle so looks to be a forced cooling cycle.Initially ordered and replaced the heat assembly but E63 error persisted. So assume fault could be with control board so have also ordered and replaced Tumble Dryer User Interface Board S8n P10. E63 remains with both new parts installed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay.

E63 error code is a heater relay fault. Now this is usually down to the control board im afraid.

Now the user interface board that you replaced isnt the main power board. This is just the program selector board thats all.

Im afraid this is looking like the main power board. If you remove the top and look on the right hand side there you will see the main board in the plastic casing. Its the main power board thats more then likey the fault here as the user interface doesnt control the heater im afraid, This is all done by the main power board.

So replace the main power board itself and that will cure it. Just make sure you get the programmed version as they do 2 versions. The other is blank and needs a computer to program it.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the part I need be this: AEG Tumble Dryer Configured Electronic Edr10621?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Thats the part, But if you can post the full product number of the dryer. It will be on the sticker on the inside of the door and starts with a 9. It could have 2 digits after it as well like 01,02,03 and so on.

Post the full product number (pnc) and i will get the correct part number for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks - it's 916 096 791 04
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for that. The part number you need for the programmed control board is 973916096791041

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks - have ordered the part and will let you know how it goes when fitted.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

No worries thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel, the part was on order and has taken a few weeks to arrive, just arrived/fitted and error code E00 listed. No heat at the moment, is there something that needs to be reset?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Has just come up with an E60, E63 during the cycle. Have now replaced three parts on this, £350 later still no joy - nightmare! Should have just bought a new one
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.