Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

Are you able to help me with my dishwasher? Apologies, the

Customer Question

Hi, are you able to help me with my dishwasher?
JA: No. I'm the Appliance Technician's Assistant.
Customer: Apologies, the introduction asked how can I help? How can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: SHV55M03GB Bosch, I'm not aware of a diagnostic cycle on the machine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes but I could use some help
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes, initially the red tap warning light came on suggesting it wasn't getting water, I pulled out the machine checked the filters and everything was OK, I then took off the front panel and noticed water in the bottom of the machine, I tried it out as best I could, reset the machine and then it seemed to work fine. I put the machine back together but when I pushed it back in I noticed that is was leaking a lot of water from somewhere - there wasn't any leaking originally just a bit if water in the bottom - the machine is now making a constant sucking sound as if the machine thinks it still has water in, even when the door is open.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is Ian, most likely as you were putting it back in water from the fill chamber which is not sealed leaked once again into the base. You will need to check the base again for water and then run it through a cycle with the side panel off to confirm that you dont have any further leaks.