Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Bosch diswasher pump will not switch on. Machine drains ok

Customer Question

Bosch diswasher pump will not switch on. Machine drains ok if i manually activate the pump.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 12 years model is Exxcel I bekive
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: tes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: As I said the machine will drain if I activate the microswitch that switches on the pump.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Since we know the pump works properly because you can start it manually and it runs then the control board is bad and needs to be replaced as its not sending power to the pump. If you give me the full model number of the unit I will give you the replacement part number for the board. Open the dishwasher door and and look around on the door frame or top inner wall and you will see a tag that has the serial number and model number listed, I will need the full model number on that tag, thanks. In the meantime please read below:

*******************************************************************************

Please Note: I have taken the time to help you please take the time to help me. You are billed by the site regardless whether or not you rate the answer so not rating the answer does not keep you from being billed.

********************************************************************************

The only way I am compensated for the time I spend on the site helping is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. If you can't figure out how to rate the answer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Hi there,
I was just getting back with you, I see the question is still open and unrated and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?