George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

I am having an issue with my CDA 1330 washing machine. It

Customer Question

Hi. I am having an issue with my CDA 1330 washing machine. It fills with water but then as soon as it starts to spin, it stops. Then, after a while it fills with more water and then starts to spin again but stops instantly again. It will even turn the drum too but just stops. I thought it was an issue with the motor so I bought a new one and fitted it but it does exactly the same thing. Do you have any ideas??
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I think it is 2010. It is CI 330 IN
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I would get an engineer but then if I pay that much, I may as well get a new machine
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: That would be great I am so keen to find the problem I don't like to give up
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 19 days ago.

Sounds like you have an issue with the tachometer on the rear of the motor, or with its wiring connection to the control module. Check for broken wires or cracks in the tacho magnet.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 16 days ago.

How are you getting on with this?