Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a hotpoint mistral frost free fridge freezer

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint mistral frost free fridge freezer intelligent care. Its serial number inside is 94171883. The freezer is working fine but the fridge will not chill at all.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it on gumtree so no idea how old. The model is the Mistral frostfree. I included the serial number above. Is there another code somewhere in it that would identify it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It has a small digital read out with 4 buttons at the top of it. They are zone, set temp, save and fast freeze
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I phoned a repair man but he was a no show so thought I'd at least check if there are any basics I can try out. its been switched off for two days as fridge isnt working
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information on you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
hi there
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Am I paying a UK mobile call rate or international?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry I am unavailable for a call so please do not request one. Otherwise someone else will need to assist you via phone.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

Is it just the fridge not staying cool or the freezer as well? Do you hear the fans in the back going how about the compressor?