Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a hotpoint mistral frost free fridge freezer

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint mistral frost free fridge freezer intelligent care. Its serial number inside is 94171883. The freezer is working fine but the fridge will not chill at all.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it on gumtree so no idea how old. The model is the Mistral frostfree. I included the serial number above. Is there another code somewhere in it that would identify it?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It has a small digital read out with 4 buttons at the top of it. They are zone, set temp, save and fast freeze
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I phoned a repair man but he was a no show so thought I'd at least check if there are any basics I can try out. its been switched off for two days as fridge isnt working
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information on you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi there
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am I paying a UK mobile call rate or international?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry I am unavailable for a call so please do not request one. Otherwise someone else will need to assist you via phone.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

Is it just the fridge not staying cool or the freezer as well? Do you hear the fans in the back going how about the compressor?