Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I wasn't expecting a helpful person to pop up. This is

Customer Question

Hello! I wasn't expecting a helpful person to pop up. This is great! ... I have an AEG 80870. The Spray Arm Blocked message came on so I checked the position of the dishes etc and they were all fine. The message came on again, so I checked the rubber seal at the back where the water comes in, which was fine. Message came up again so I removed all the spray arms and filter and cleaned them, then I ran the dishwasher empty, on a hot wash with dishwasher cleaner. But the message is still coming up. Is there anything else I can try?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It is an AEG 80870 Favorit, but I don't know how to run a diagnostic test cycle!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes ... well I thought I'd try everything I can before bothering the repair guy.
JA: The expert is ready to answer your appliance question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I think that's as much information as I can give him so far.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you today. I have a couple questions Is the machine filling up ok? Does it start to wash? If so is it sounding normal still?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi Travis. Yes, it seems to fill up and the washing noises sound normal. When the Spray Arm Blocked message comes on I open it and find there is nothing blocking the arms and close it again. It carries on washing but the results aren't good, so there is definitely something wrong!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I need to stay at my computer just now. Can we see how it goes with the typing for now?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 18 days ago.

sorry I was having some internet trouble its all fine now. IT sounds like the spray arm may need replaced. Give me a few moments to pull up some information and see what may be going on.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This hasn't been helpful at all. Paypal has debited my account for £19 and I have not had any advice. I would like a refund.