Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I wasn't expecting a helpful person to pop up. This is

Customer Question

Hello! I wasn't expecting a helpful person to pop up. This is great! ... I have an AEG 80870. The Spray Arm Blocked message came on so I checked the position of the dishes etc and they were all fine. The message came on again, so I checked the rubber seal at the back where the water comes in, which was fine. Message came up again so I removed all the spray arms and filter and cleaned them, then I ran the dishwasher empty, on a hot wash with dishwasher cleaner. But the message is still coming up. Is there anything else I can try?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: It is an AEG 80870 Favorit, but I don't know how to run a diagnostic test cycle!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes ... well I thought I'd try everything I can before bothering the repair guy.
JA: The expert is ready to answer your appliance question. Is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I think that's as much information as I can give him so far.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you today. I have a couple questions Is the machine filling up ok? Does it start to wash? If so is it sounding normal still?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Travis. Yes, it seems to fill up and the washing noises sound normal. When the Spray Arm Blocked message comes on I open it and find there is nothing blocking the arms and close it again. It carries on washing but the results aren't good, so there is definitely something wrong!
Donna
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need to stay at my computer just now. Can we see how it goes with the typing for now?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is anyone there?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

sorry I was having some internet trouble its all fine now. IT sounds like the spray arm may need replaced. Give me a few moments to pull up some information and see what may be going on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This hasn't been helpful at all. Paypal has debited my account for £19 and I have not had any advice. I would like a refund.