Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a frost-free Hotpoint fridge-freezer that is showing

Customer Question

Hi I have a frost-free Hotpoint fridge-freezer that is showing clear symptoms of a blacked drain hole - water dripping onto the glass shaves & into the salad bins. But as this is front-free, there is no conventional drain hole at the back to clear. Instead water seems to accumulate in a hidden tray in a section between the fridge & freezer section. I can see a channel running down from that to the rear and from there a conventional tube running to an evaporation tray over the compressor. But no access to the internal channel, and the tube on the rear in also inaccessible as it's behind the cooling fins.under . Any thoughts please?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's a French model - no NMTM 1922 FWB Sorry, age 2-3 years only
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can. It should be simple if I can figure out how to get at the blockage
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

Typically, the tube on the back needs to come off and a turkey baster be used to squirt hot water into the tube. You may also simply open the doors and leave it unplugged for 24 hours to facilitate a full thaw.

Expert:  Kelly replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.