Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  I have worked in the appliance industry ever since graduating from college.

My zanuss upright freezer has the red light showing

Customer Question

My zanuss upright freezer has the red light showing constantly, it is now starting to defrost, what could the problem be?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Zanuss upright I can't find the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The black motor thing at the back on the bottom of the freezer is hot but the bars on the back have no temperature and there is no sound coming from the freezer.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 18 days ago.

The red light means that the unit is getting to warm so that was an indication something was wrong awhile ago. If the compressor is hot, the thermostat is telling the unit to run which means that if the bars on the back are not getting warm you have a freon leak or an inefficient compressor. You'd need a technician to tap into the system to see if you have a freon leak or need a new compressor but both repairs would probably cost more than a new freezer so you may want to look into getting a new freezer at this point I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?