Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a HDA model HJA8630 dishwasher pump is emptying but

Customer Question

Hi there I have a HDA model HJA8630 dishwasher pump is emptying but will not start a program to fill and wash pump just keeps running and going no further any ideas
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: How do I run a diagnostic test cycle
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If poss am an experienced engineer and worked on washing machines in the past
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No only the drain was blocked earlier today but cleared now just won't fill on a cycle
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 23 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 23 days ago.

If the dishwasher is draining all the time then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 18 days ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks