Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Smeg dishwasher anti flood protection has stopped my

Customer Question

smeg dishwasher anti flood protection has stopped my dishwasher from working, how do I reset it if possible
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: its a smeg D16014?,the first light flashes and the 5th light is constantly on, apparently indicating the flood protection
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is a simple fix, like pressing a button
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I know
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Any update
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 21 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 21 days ago.

If the dishwasher is in anti flood mode then this is down to a water leak in the base which has activated the flood switch in there.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base. So you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and this will stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this is just a one off that caused it.
But if it does it again then theres a leak under there which you need to find and fix. For this you need to remove both side panels and then you can see the workings under there and check for any loose hoses.

Try that and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 17 days ago.

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry, not had time to try because to remove the dishwasher is not easy and I have broken my ankle so I will try at the weekend. There does not appear to be any water in the unit but the pump runs all the time when switched onscott
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 16 days ago.

No worries try it when you can.

The water will be in the base under the dishwasher it wont be inside as the pump drains any water away thats in there due to the flood switch being activate.