Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

I have a LG American Freezer, GR-L207QUJA. The refrigerator

Customer Question

I have a LG American Freezer, GR-L207QUJA. The refrigerator & Freezer are on their lowest settings but the ice maker keeps freezing solid and the fridge part is excessively cold, vegetables are now freezing up, where they were fine before. I need some advice on what may be wrong and probably some advice how to strip the parts off and replace them.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Typically a bad damper will cause this issue, the damper stops air from flowing to the refrigerator. If it does not work or gets iced up it can not close and then everything gets way too cold. I would check that and see if it is stuck open.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am basically a structural steel fitter with mechanical engineering ability, I am 54 years old, so I am used to trying to fix things myself to save money, but I do not have refrigerator experience. If I am told where the dampers are, what they look like and how to access them, I will be ok. I do not want to damage the appliance through trying to guess what is wrong.
Would it be possible for you to let me have a diagram or something? I have tried to find something on the internet, but to no avail.

It is in the top left corner of the refrigerator section. You need to remove the trim pieces to get at it and check the flap that opens and closes with the motor.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does the whole panel come off the back? It doesn't have many screws for the size of it, it doesn't look like it should come off. there is a small removable panel on the bottom 300mm of the whole unit.

Yes it should all come off it typically just snaps out. DO you have a picture of what you are seeing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can take one when I get home

ok sounds good

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have attached a couple of pics as you requested from the back of the machine
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 28 days ago.

Ok I am talking about the inside panel in the refrigerator

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Right ok I thought that the inner panels were fixed from the outside at the back.Thanks for you help, I have rated you 5 starThanksDave
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 26 days ago.

Dave a rating never came through did you use the Star Rating link at the top of your page?