AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

I have an AEG S85628SK1 American Style Fridge/Freezer that

Customer Question

I have an AEG S85628SK1 American Style Fridge/Freezer that shows an SY EF error code and the freezer then gets warm very quickly. I have checked that the Evaporator Fan is running. If I unplug and reset the unit it runs OK for anywhere between 3hrs and 48hrs before showing the same code. Any help would be appreciated
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 9 months ago.

Error Code SY EF is the System Evaporator Fault. Since the Evaporator fan is indeed working then the fault here is the control board and you will need to replace it in order to solve this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That is what I thought - where is the board located and how do I get to it?

There is actually 2 of them on this model. I would suggest here is give AEG a bell as they do a repair plan which is a 12 month plan and cost about £16 a month for the year. Or about £160 up front if you choose to pay it up front. As this is a fixed price repair warrant through domestic and general and covers the appliance for 12 months. So for this fault it will be cheaper and easier to do this as AEG will call out and fix it for that price. Otherwise its a very expensive fix for you.

Please remember I only get paid if you use the stars at the top of your page to rate me a 5. Please take the time to do this for helping you, Thanks