Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I'm just reading about a similar problem to mine, couple of

Customer Question

Hi, I'm just reading about a similar problem to mine
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: couple of weeks I always turn it off and back on after a few mins and the triangle is gone we already had the compressor replaced 6 months ago:(
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it's the compressor again then obviously not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I would be aware of
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who assists you today. What is the make and model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Travis, it's BEKO ASD 241X
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello nice to meet you. So what exactly is your unit doing or not doing?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Is the compressor not kicking on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not sure if it does the cooling well enough/consistently as we've had recently episodes of milk going off.
The red triangle comes up every day, and won't go away on it's own. Not sure if turning it off for a minute helps or just hides the problem in this case.
I can hear the compressor buzzing, although this is how similar to how it started 6 months ago. Red triangle, less cooling, and then one day I had 16 degrees in the fridge and ~ 4 degrees in the freezer. Got compressor replaced on that occasion which seemed to resolve the issue.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So I am wondering if the problem is with your thermistor instead of the compressor. Since the compressor is new it should not be the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How can I check it?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Give me a moment to find out where its located on your unit.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am having alot of trouble locating a diagram for your unit most of the time thermistors are located in a little box toward the back of the unit on the left or right side.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have 1 in the cooler and 1 in the freezer. How do I test if they work properly?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If you have a multimeter you can test them to see if they are getting continuity. If you do not have one they are typically the cheapest things on your unit and very easy to replace if you want to purchase one and try on one see if it changes and if not install the old one and try on the other.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do have a multimeter. Just had a look and these are the sensors themselves (picture), where's the other bit?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

What do you mean by the other bit?