Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Both the fan oven and the Grill stopped working half way

Customer Question

Both the fan oven and the Grill stopped working half way through a roast. What do you think has happened
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Flavel Aspen 100
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The hob is Gas the ignition for the gas works nothing else. It is a double oven neither of which works
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Is the clock still lit up and set?

Does the other oven still work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Neither the Clock nor the other oven works but that has been like that for a while

Ok in this case its either the thermal cut put at the back of the oven or the timer itself.

What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back cover of the main oven that isnt working.

On the back of the oven you should see a small thermostat with 2 wires going to it. This is the thermal cut out. You need to check this with a multi meter and see if faulty. If so then the thermal cut out will need to be replaced to cure this.

But if the thermal cut out is fine then the timer will more then likely be the faul and will need to be replaced.

But check the thermal cut out first as most of the time its this thats the fault.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have pulled the oven out and the only wires at the back is the wires to the main supply everything else is enclosed with a back plate that is screwed to the frame. am I supposed to remove the back covers

Yes you have to remove the rear covers to access the workings behind there. Just make sure you turn the power off to the oven before removing the panels.