Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

My bosch classixx slimline dishwasher light comes on soon

Customer Question

my bosch classixx slimline dishwasher light comes on soon after I start it up and the whole cycle just gets stuck.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its around 5-6 yrs old. I only used it for a few months before putting it into storage for 4 years. It's an SRS55C02GB
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. Gulp. Not done anything like this before.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has worked fine a couple of times since I took it out of storage a couple of weeks ago. I've got the top and side panels off and I've cleaned out the tube to the sump and the plastic water chamber thingy. The machine is really quite clean.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The "check water" light comes on. I've tried cleaning out the water filling chambers - which weren't really dirty. Ive tried cleaning out the pipe between water chambers and sump. Not really dirty. Machine fills up with water. There is no leek anywhere. I am unable to drain the water now. I used to be able to do that (before my cleaning efforts). Now all three lights come on. The tub is slightly flooded. The reset button no longer works to empty the tub.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All three lights now come on in the front, not just the check water light.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've unplugged the machine. Turned it back on and reset it. The water has now drained, except for some residual in the plastic pipes. All panels off. Just waiting for someone to contact me. Been waiting almost 2.5 hours now waiting for someone to get back to me...
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Ive only just logged on and saw your question sitting there. Do you still need help on this?

If so then when you start it does the check water light come on stright away or does it start to fill with water first before the light comes on?