Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Beko condensing tumble dryer spins for 20 seconds, pauses

Customer Question

Beko condensing tumble dryer spins for 20 seconds, pauses and then repeats, doesn't heat up.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: DCU8230, just recently started doing this
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If needed yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

If you select just the timed dryer cycle only rather then the sensor programes does this work or is it the same on the timed setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, tried the times setting and still the same, no heat and stops spinning every 20/30 seconds for a few seconds
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Ok if theres no heat on any setting then you need a multi meter to test this.

Remove the heater cover on the back of the dryer and there you will see the heater unit. On there are 2 thermostats. 1 of them is a thermostat but the other is an NTC sensor. Check them with a multi meter and see what readings you get. The thermostat will be a contonuity reading but the NTC sensor should be high resistance around 7k ohms. If any of them are faulty then the heater needs to be replaced as it comes as a complete heater.

Check them and see what you find as the most common cause of problems on these is the NTC sensor fails and goes out of range and effects the heating and causes the fault you have here.

Let me know what you find.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.

Just wondering how you got on as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks