Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I've cleaned my miele cva5065 coffee machine and now there

Customer Question

hi, I've cleaned my miele cva5065 coffee machine and now there is no water comin from the brew spouts. it goes through the programme but no coffee??
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: nearly 3 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: all I've done is clean everything, brew unit, coffee bean container, drip tray etc and now its not producing coffee.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, thanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today.

no water comes out of the spouts.

The filters in the brew unit are dirty.

^ Clean the filters by rubbing them with your finger.

I know you just cleaned the unit but lets try checking this first so we can at least rule it out.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just done it and its still not working.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Ok let me check something else.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

are there any messages popping up on your unit?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
none. its going through the normal process but the water just isnt coming out of the coffee pipes. it does come out of the other pipes when i perform a rinse????
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

ok so check to make sure all the pipes there are no kinks or twists and they are installed back on correctly.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ive gone over the whole process several times. ive got to out now. can we resume this later?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Since there are no error messages tells me nothing is wrong with your machine and its just a matter of finding whats not correctly connecting.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Yes that is fine I will be here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Travis.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

you are welcome

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Travis, i'm back.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Welcome back. Still not working for you?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

We will need to figure out what is not connected correctly. Lets try taking the water tank out and then putting it back in. Make sure all the tubes are securely hooked up and none are loose please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, just done that, still not working.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

When you turned the system off to clean did you do a rinse through afterwards?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Rinse the system

Always allow the machine to cool down before cleaning. Danger of scalding. Do not clean the machine with a steam cleaner as this will damage the machine. Do not use cleaners containing chlorides, acids, soda or scouring agents. These would damage the surface. It is important to clean the machine regularly, as the used coffee grounds will soon go mouldy. All removable parts except for the brew unit, the coffee bean container, the stainless steel milk flask and lid, and the cover to the central spout can be cleaned in a dishwasher. If the parts are cleaned frequently in a dishwasher, they can become discolored from regular contact with food residues (e.g. tomatoes) in the dishwasher.

Before switching the machine off for any length of time, the pipework, brew system and central spout need to be cleaned. If you have switched the automatic rinsing function off, you will need to rinse the system through manually. Place a suitable container under the central spout.

^ Use the right arrow sensor to highlight the maintenance symbol and then touch the OK sensor.

^ Select "Rinse the system" and touch the OK sensor.

^ Select "Start" and touch the OK sensor.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I was wondering how it was going? I never heard back from you so I wanted to follow up.