Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Candy CDB485D washing machine and the door lock

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Candy CDB485D washing machine and the door lock won't unlock after a cycle. I can turn off, then run a new cycle, but it can take 5-6 times before the door unlocks. Gives me E07 on the display.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is at least 2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not really, unless it is just an easy fix. I've sprayed WD-40 in the locking mechanism once, but that lasted only two cycles.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: um. I'm in Kuwait, just seeing if I can find something online to help before calling a technician which may or may not help.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Once its finished a cycle and when the door should open if you give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist does this shock the door into opening?