Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Bosch logic dishwasher start button won't start, It's

Customer Question

Hi my Bosch logic dishwasher start button won't start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 4 years old & its logixx Eco silence
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No! I'm iseless & female 😜
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: All the other buttons are working, water is getting thro & my dishwasher is full! Message says appliance has not been started
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The tag is on the right side of the door once opened.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I reall hope you can. What should I do?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's sms69l22gb/32
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you! Is the tub full of water now and nothing is running or making any noise at all or what is exactly happening?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No water inside, electricity getting thro and all buttons apart from start are working on dishwasher
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Okay, good, that is very helpful. Does the door shut easily and latch securely?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
works big fine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry predictive text! Works fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you! Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I give you the most accurate information. Can you please turn the power off at the mains for at least 15 minutes to reset the electronics? Does the behavior change when powered back up?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Done that a few times today & no change but happy to try again
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

If you have already tried that, you don't need to again.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. What now??? Help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I believe the issue lies with the door switch. If the control does not get the signal that the door is closed, it will not start a cycle. I believe the door switch will need to be replaced. The door has to come apart to replace that part. Would you like instructions to do that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I'll try! Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

First, you will need to remove all the screws from the inner door panel. It takes a Torx screwdriver (star shaped).

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Once the screws are removed, the door panels will separate and the door switch is at the very top of the door, right in the middle where it latches. I will get you a link to that part!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. I'll message you when done.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I would have the part handy first so you can put it all back together while it is fresh in your mind! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks. Still looking for the right screwdriver!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The electronic door sensor is available at the link below.

CLICK HERE

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thanks. We'll buy the part.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you! Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Have a great rest of your day!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I just check that you're absolutely sure before I buy as now the other buttons are slow to react too?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The symptoms you are having are indicative of the door switch failure. Can you please explain what you see in the buttons being slow to react?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Eg if I press speed perfect it changes to 1.27 hours but then speed perfect light goes out. Same with others
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hmm, so the programming seems to be a bit erratic. Was it like this initially when it stopped working?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

So that has just started since we started chatting? How long was the power off at the mains during the longest time?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

When you turned the power at the mains off, what was the longest that you left it off?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Prob about 10/15 mins. Shall I try again?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I would leave it off for a couple hours, given this new information. Let me know what happens, please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks so much. I'll get back to you later! Off to hand wash all the dishwasher dishes ��
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.