Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Intergrated hotpoint coffee machine says "fault on

Customer Question

Intergrated hotpoint coffee machine says "fault on watersystem" but there is no documentation for this error. Have tried basics but no luck. System doesnt allow any inputs so cant descale etc. However it did make a coffee this morning but fult has returned
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: inc 002mb hcm15 about 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am reasonably compotent used to be an electronic engineer
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: about me or the machine
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will try to assist you today. If you are still having this problem it sounds to me like it can be a faulty water valve. Do you happen to hear any noises in the machine?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it sounds like pulsating steam but not all the time
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So it sounds like the problem is with a faulty water valve which will need to be replaced. The only problem is that your particular machine has very easily breakable or tearable parts. It may be best to have it serviced versus trying to do this on your own. I would hate to see your machine ruined over a faulty water valve.