Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Electrolux dryer front panel lights flashed repeatedly

Customer Question

My Electrolux dryer front panel lights flashed repeatedly and did not stop until the breaker was manually turned to OFF. Now the unit will not work at all; the front control panel does not work at all and the interior light does not come on when the door is opened or the door switch is manually depressed. The front control panel was replaced but made no difference. What else could be causing the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thank you!

• So it is totally dead now, no lights at all?
  • Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to test voltage at the cord terminals?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not at home at the moment. Could you please provide a list of points to test after the cord terminals and I will do them all at one time and will reply with the results tomorrow?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Of course! Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

At the cord connections, we need to test between the middle and outside terminals, looking for 120 VAC. Between the two outside terminals, you should read 240 VAC. If that voltage is there, we need to measure at the main control board, pictured at the link below.

Measure between J2-4 & J2-5 on the main control, black and white wires, looking for 120 VAC.

I have attached the complete wiring and technical sheet for your machine as well! Let me know what you find!