Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have a smeg washing machine PLA 6047X, when I start a

Customer Question

HI I have a smeg washing machine PLA 6047X, when I start a cycle everything seems fine until there is a clicking sound from the sump area and then the machine empties out and the 7 lights to the left light up and the two lights on the farthest right, I have disconnected most accesible tubes etc and cant find any blockages or lack of water supply. I am a bit stuck as to know what the problem is.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its a smeg PLA6047X and its about 10 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am a joiner by trade and am equipped to do the work if I know what the problem is or what piece to change
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think thats it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** does the appliance spin and if so does it click during this phase?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry you may have misunderstood its a dishwasher a smeg PLA6047X, it starts a cycle, then clicks from the sump area then it empties and the 7 lights to the right and 2 to the far right light up and it stops. If I stop the machine and start again the same thing happens. I cant find any blockages or lack of water supply etc.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

Sorry not my area of expertise I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When do you think someone could help me with this problem ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey, I paid 15 Euros for this service and I'd like a bit more input, I still have no reply from anyone competent in this area