Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have just bought a second hand kenwood dishwasher e1 is

Customer Question

I have just bought a second hand kenwood dishwasher e1 is flashing up
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Kenwood KDW60s12
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No I haven't run a diagnostics test how do I do that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just the E1 fault alarm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Helllo and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. The E1error code indicates a water inlet error. To access test mode: press and hold Normal+Eco, and press Power. Release buttons. Then press Start(display n:01).Press Start again (display shows water level frequency-not important). Press Start again-(display n:03-motor will be running). Press Start again (display n:04-drain pump will run). Press Start again (display n:05-inlet valve will come on and machine should fill with water). You have now tested major components are working-if you keep pressing start you will scroll thru and test other functions, like heater, dispensor etc, but not needed for your fault.
If Machine didn't fill with water in test mode, you probably have a faulty inlet valve (test resistence should be approx 3.7-4 k ohm).
If inlet valve has tested OK ie machine filled with water in test mode then:
Disconnect from power.
Remove side panels (need to remove top, and bottom front panel to then be able to remove sides)
- Check no water in base of machine-water in base will indicate machine has leaked and activated the safety device which shuts off inlet valve.
- If OK, you probably have a faulty flow meter(measures water intake). Located left hand side of machine, large plastic compartment, which has a sensor at the bottom with 3 wires (red,white,black) that go up to control board. Replace entire flow meter assy-relatively inexpensive part.
- If you still have problem, then control board is faulty, it is much more likely to be flow meter .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How and where is the normal +Eco
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not sure how to get it in test mode
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Number is *****
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

First lets check to see if your drain pump has anything in it that will prevent the old water from draining. Its not hard to access just remove a few panels and take the pump out to give it a clean.

You really dont need to put it into test mode since we already have a code E1

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I was wondering if you had the chance to take a look at the information I had provided you?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I was wondering how its going?