George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

My dishwasher will not reset as it appears to want to be on

Customer Question

my dishwasher will not reset as it appears to want to be on permanent drain
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: 2 ticks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible Model 8603 stock no 15 502791 01 how do I rum a diagnostic program
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: think the wife may have opened it half way through a cycle the washer is empty now
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 months ago.

This is caused by water ingress into the base of the appliance... Either a leak or an overflow has occurred and this has triggered the Anti-Flood System.
Turn off the appliance and unplug it from the power socket.
Tilt the appliance backward at an angle of approx 60degs to expel any waters from the base.
If the problem happens again thereafter then you'll need to remove the right-hand side panel to investigate for leaks.
If there is no water to be found in the base, check the switch at the top of the Anti-Flood System's float.