bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Neff dishwasher stops after filling, bought in 2002. where

Customer Question

neff dishwasher stops after filling
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: bought in 2002. where would I find the modle number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: both sides are off - water supply is OK and drain pump working nicely
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If it fills and drains, the wash motor is likely faulty or not getting energized. After it fills, does it hum or buzz or is it silent?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the wash motor does not hum or buzz. the cycle doesn't start correctly. the water doesn't get hot. what voltage will I see at the wash motor terminals?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The motor should get 220 volts after it fills. Given all of the issues, it sounds like maybe the main control is faulty.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Model FD 8207 050252So no voltage on the wash motor. no volts on the heater. the dishwasher is clicking - don't know what is. And this is after it has finished filling with water.is there a safety device stopping the heater which stops the motor?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. The heater won't energize until the motor runs. Is the clicking from the control panel area?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is that behind the door?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Yes, near the top.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no - the clicks, 3 of them and cycles is down by motor/heater. between the clicks there is a slight buzz which could be the heater starting. on the motor what terminals should have 220v? I will connect a volt meter so can monitor it when the clicks go off.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It won't be the heater, it has to be the motor attempting to start. The click is probably the thermal overload in the motor opening. I cannot locate the model you posted. Can you post a picture of that tag, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there you go. ready to connect volt meter to water ever
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what ever...
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

What are the characters in front of the 5443x2gb/17?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just S
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Test between violet and white at the motor.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
getting zero volts. guess I could put 220v on these terminals and it should spin?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

No, it has to go through the capacitor and the windings have to change immediately. Can you see if you can tell for certain if the motor is what is making the noise?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
can try. must be a way to wire the motor for it to spin?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I will place your question back to the list in case another is able to help with that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the hum and the click is from the heater matrix area - used a long wooden spoon on the lump of plastic on top of the heater.
should I get 220Volts on the heater and what terminals? between earth and the heating element?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I see that my college Kelly has opted out. Firstly is the circulating pump actually working ie spinning?