Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

We just bought a house with a Kitchenaid French door fridge

Customer Question

We just bought a house with a Kitchenaid French door fridge with freezer below, Mode KFCS22EVMS8. The freezer was totally frosted up.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I let it warm up and got most of the ice out, pulled out the bin to let it thaw. However, it continues to have a high degree of frost which makes the drawers hard to pull out. I am reading this might be a common issue, but I can really find something to indicate the problem or how to fix.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on the extent of "work". I can do basics, but not looking to take on a major maintenance project.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am guessing it is a few years old, at least 3, but cant say for sure. It is in very good cosmetically.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, this site is confusing.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did the 5$ what
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

The frosting is typically caused from a bad seal on the door or the door being left ajar. Close the drawer and check the gasket all the way around there can be no gaps. If there is not you may have a blockage in an internal port, which you would have to totally defrost the entire unit to clear that issue. Check the gasket first though and we can go from there.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!