George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

I have a Hotpoint WDAL 8640 Aquarius washer drier which

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a Hotpoint WDAL 8640 Aquarius washer drier which doesn't dry correctly.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The machine is about 2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: After approximately 20-30 minutes the machine will stop its dry cycle and all indicator lights on the front will flash.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 month ago.

Can you indicate which lights flash?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When the fault was present the 4 lights on the bottom were all flashing together with no water in the drum (dry cycle):
Super wash
Slow spin
Time saver
EcoThere are 6 indicator lights on the right side, the lights that were lit are 1-4 (1 being the top light)
I'll have to replicate the fault again to provide a categorical list but these were the lights I noted after the fault (the fault cancels after a while and pauses). Unplugging the machine from the power socket for a minute and plugging it back in seems to be a short term fix - The wife suspects that it could be overheating.Hopefully the above may provide you with some detail but I'll try to replicate the fault and take a video/photo over the next couple of days.

Since the error codes on these appliances only take into consideration the bottom 5 of the 6 lights, and they count from the bottom upwards, we can say that it is an F04.

F04 = Pressure switch jammed on empty: Check pressure switch and connections to the module. Also check that the hose to the pressure switch is not blocked.

Please let me know if you still have problems.. otherwise, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.