Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My tumble dryer is flashing all lights after 2 mins, theres

Customer Question

Hi my tumble dryer is flashing all lights after 2 mins, theres no heat at all
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its Candy GOV58OC and its about 15 months old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Dont think so ...just gonna crack up..if u can help me with that
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who tries to assist you today. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer it sounds to me like its might be the heater element or the heater thermister may have blown.

Possible could be you need to CHECK THE THERMAL CUT OFF, THE HI-LO AND THE CYCLING THERMOSTATS BY THE WAY U ARE GETTING THE FULL 240 VOLTAGE, IN SOME UN ITS IF UR ONLY GETTING HALF THE VOLTAGE DUE TO BAD TERMINAL BLOCK OR HOME OUTLET? SOME MACHINES WILL USE 2 SPEED MOTORS IN OTHER WORDS IT USES 120 TO RUN THE MOTOR AND ANOTHER 120 TO RUN THE HEATING CYCLE THUS IF U ONLY GET 120 AT UR TERMINAL U MAY ONLY BE ABLE TO RUN THE MACHING BUT NO HEAT WILL BE GENERATED

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
how does that help me what am I supposed to do
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

What you need to do is remove the bulged cover on the back and take the heater unit out. On there are the sensor thermostats. You need a multi meter to test these. They should give a reading in Kohms. If faulty then they will need to be replaced.

.

But if they are fine then its possibly a faulty control board here I'm afraid which is playing up.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.