Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Can you please help me with a problem with my mums zanussi

Customer Question

Hello. Can you please help me with a problem with my mums zanussi washing machine. I have read the instructions on an earlier chat and followed instructions but not been too successful.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is a zanussi zwx1605w. Really don't know how old it is but probably older than 10 years - not used so much u till recently though
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not necessarily but didn't want to pay a call out only to find it would be cheaper to buy a new one. I have a feeling (optimistically) that the problem is not huge...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My mum leaves it on the same programme all the time, but my husband replaced the hose today and we wanted to change it to a rinse to ensure there was no leakage. When I pressed the skip/reset button till it went to rinse it didn't fill with water, so I turned it off and tried to put it back on the programme and all I get is the 'end' led flashing and beeping. I followed some earlier suggestions and pressed both the start and reset buttons together before switching on, got the scrolling lights and am now stuck
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will you need any additional information that would require me to be by the washing machine as it is at my parents house and I am an hour away, but am there currently if you need information before I leave
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is there more information that you need as the promised response window is nearly up and I note that despite paying for the advice I have not yet heard anything from you. I was seriously considering subscribing, but am now concerned that the negative reviews I have read may be true. I look forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Unplug the machine for at least 4 hours to reset the electronic control. Does the behavior change when it is powered back up?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No we are back to the led next to 'end' flashing continuously, with a continuous beep. The reset button has no effect and whilst I get a small beep with each of the other buttons, nothing else happens. This was how it behaved on Saturday before I contacted you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I should mention that the machine is at my parents house which is over an hour away so I may not always get the information you need straightaway.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Is there water that has not drained form the tub? If not, it sounds like the electronic control has failed.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is no water in the machine - it had been used successfully the day before. I found myself wondering if it was possible that the reset button might be faulty, rather than the whole electronic control panel?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

There is no specific reset button. The reset is performed by pressing the two buttons, which you did. I believe the electronic control is faulty.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is it worth getting this fixed or would I be better buying a new machine? Is replacing the electronic control expensive and/or difficult? And would it need a qualified technician to fix it. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The part is available below.

CLICK HERE

Once the top of the machine is removed, the PCB will be accessible for replacement. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** think about that and decide whether it's worth it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!