Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Hotpoint WDF740. The bottom concrete counterweight

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint WDF740. The bottom concrete counterweight has broken. I'm trying to get to it!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Hotpoint WDF740. It's abou 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 month ago.
HiTo get at the front weight on this model you can remove the front panel.You need to remove top and then remove the dispenser drawer.
Then you need to remove the front plastic control panel by undoing the 2 screws on the top and the 2 screws behind the dispenser drawer.Then you need to remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.
Then open the door and remove the clamp around the door seal and unlip it. Then remove the screws holding the door lock on.Now you need to remove the 2 screws holding the front panel at the top and 2 screw at the bottom.
Then you can lift the front panel off and move away.Then you can access the front weight from there.Regards