Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Baumatic BDI631 (I know, I know). It has, I think,

Customer Question

I have a Baumatic BDI631 (I know, I know). It has, I think, stopped heating the water - the plates are streaked and not cleaned. It is not showing any error though.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: It's about 4 years old. About 5 months ago, it wouldn't stop filling and a colleague on this site traced it to a pressure valve, which I reset by blowing in the tube.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably - I am guessing that if it is anything too serious I'm probably better getting a new one...
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. We use it once a day, so I don't think excessive.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

If its not heating then its either the heater itself, wiring or the control unit at fault on this im afraid.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to access the underneath of the dishwasher and there you will see the heater cylinder. You need to check the wiring block on there an if you have a multi meter you need to test the heater. It should read about 28 Ohms roughly. If the heater is faulty then you need to replace the heater unit from there.

But if the heater is fine then you need to remove the outer door panel and there you will see the wiring running down the door. You need to inspect the wiring in there and give each wire a tug one at a time and see if any are broken. Check around the bottom were the wires bend down to the underside as thats were they like to break.

But if the wiring is ok as well then the control unit will be the fault here. Now this will be an expensive repair as you are looking at over £100 for the part im afraid.

So check them if you can and see what you find. As for a heating fault it will be one of the above at fault here.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK, I'm going to have a look tomorrow night now. Will get back to you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 9 months ago.

No worries thats fine.