Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an old NEFF oven, integrated, convection with an

Customer Question

Hi, I have an old white NEFF oven, integrated, convection with an analogue clock and timer. The oven won't turn on but I think it's because the timer is on as two lights are also on. I have no idea of the model I'm afraid.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's from the 1990s, White NEFF, single oven
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't think it's work, just need to understand how to turn the timer off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

I dont suppose you could post a picture if the timer on here could you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here it is, I think because both lights are one means the timers on

Looking at the picture the timer is set.

Are them lights comming on when you turn the oven on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Yep that's what I thought. Yes lights just come on when you turn oven on, but oven doesn't heat. I don't live where the oven is, but have had this problem before. If I can work out what the model is, can maybe find a manual?

Ok as them lights are comming on then the switch is working and the thermostat is as well.

So its more then likely the heater element at fault causing this. What you need to do when you are next with the oven is empty the oven and from there remove the back cover inside the oven,

From there you will see the heater around the fan blade. Inspect that and see if theres visable signs of burning on there. If so then you need to replace the heater from there.

But if you find the fan isnt running as well then you need to check the fan and turn it by hand. If its stiff to turn then the motor will also need to be replaced as that could be why the fan motor failed as well.

As to the model number it should be on a sticker on the inside of the door. But if its an older model then the sticker does wear off so that could be why you cannot find it.

So check the fan heater element and see what you find from there. As with them lights comming on its usually the heater element thats the problem here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The lights are the 'oven on' light and the 'timer on' light.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My thoughts are the timer setting is on, so the oven won't start until the timer ends. But I cannot work out using the one dial how to turn the delay timer off

Its not the timer as the timer is in auto mode. As you can see the a picture of a hand on the timer so thats in manual mode so you can rule the timer being in auto mode as thats not the case on this.

Now it can still be a faulty timer as the switching inside can fail. But looking at the picture you posted the timer is already in normal mode.

Also just to let you know the lights are actually the oven on light and the thermostat light. The timer doesnt have its own light on the control panel.