Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch classic 1200 spin. After a cycle my washing

Customer Question

I have a Bosch classic 1200 spin. After a cycle my washing is still wet, tried to spin again but nothing happened but all 5 spin lights are flashing what does this mean? I have taken the drain out and some water drained out. I have tried to do a further wash but regardless of which cycle I choose the spin lights flash. Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Can you post the model number from the sticker on the inside of the door, It will start E-nr.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
E-Nr WAE24162UK/08
FD8707 12749

Thanks for that.

If the washer isnt spinning and the spin lights are flashing then is possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor at fault here.

What you need to do is is pull the washer out and remove the back cover.

From there you need to remove the motor from the bottom of the washer.

Then located at the back of the motor either side you will see the carbon brushes in the holders.

Remove these and inspect them and see if they have worn down. If they are only a few mm long then you need to replace them.

Then retry the washer and fingers crossed this cures the fault from there and gets the washer working again.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Will probably need to wait til Friday til my fiancé Alistair comes home. Unless I can wiggle it out myself. How do you remove the motor and what do carbon brushes look like. Thanks x

When you have the back off you will see 2 bolts holding it onto the drum. You need to remove them then you can remove the motor. Its usually just a 10mm bolt holding it on.

As to the carbon brushes they are in a holder on a spring. You need to remove the wire on it and then you can release the spring carbon brush from there.

It is a bit trickey to do as the back cover is only small.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll have a go. Let you know. Thank you

No worries,