Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a washer dryer and the clothes are coming out dry

Customer Question

we have a washer dryer and the clothes are coming out dry but lots of steam?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Smeg WDI14C7, approx. a year old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would give it a go if I knew what to roughly do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

For a washer dryer to come out all steamy then its usually the condensor water valve not putting water into the condenser for the dryer. As even on the dryer side it still puts water in there as it helps it condense. As if it doesnt then it gets steamy in there and causes this fault that you have.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top.

There in the back left corner you will see the water valves. On there you will see a few coils.

Locate the coil for the dryer side as you will see it as it will have a hose going to the condenser rather then the dispenser unit.

You need to test the water valve with a multi meter. It should be around 3.6K ohms. If faulty then the water valve will need to be replaced.

But if the water valve is fine then you need to remove the condenser unit at the back and give this a good clean out. Then retry the dryer side and hopefully that will cure the fault from there.

Check the above and see how it goes from there and let me know.