Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an AEG Lavamat-Turbo with an E20 error. Looked at

Customer Question

Hi, I have an AEG Lavamat-Turbo with an E20 error. Looked at similar issues on your website but can't get it sorted.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: I don't know about age, I am just a tenant. Never had error myself before but the landlord did.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I took out the filter and completely cleaned it but same problem. If I can yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/4x3kf-hi-there-i-wits-end-aeg-lavamat-turbo.html Here the technician mention an impeller But can't see that
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Can you let me have the PNC number (9 or 11 number product code) on the rating label inside the door.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mod L14710VIT
Type P6498489
Prod No***********
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Thank you, next question is do you feel comfortable taking this appliance to bits around the pump area?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
but not sure what do you call the pump area as it's an integrated dishwasher with a wooden panel in front of it.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Could you check your pnc again the L1471VIT is a washing machine according to my engineer information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please see attached, maybe it is but it's been fitted in the integrated kitchen.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

We seem to be working at cross purposes here - you said above that we are working on a integrated dishwasher with a wooden panel but the pnc and pictures show a washing machine. Can you confirm that it is a 'washing machine' that has the problem?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I meant washing machine sorry.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

OK - E20 as you know indicates that the amount of time allowed to pump out the water has been exceeded. This can mean that the pump is not working, the filter is blocked or the drain pipes are clogged up with gunk. First think I would do is without any washing in put it on the hotest wash program you have and see if you can clear the pipes with the hot water. If not its a take out of cabinet repair Im afraid.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just did that and got E20 again.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

OK you'll need to take it out of its enclosure so that we can take the back off and check the pump and pipes, perhaps a job for tomorrow?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am just the tenant so I will get someone to do the job, don't see how I could take it out of the enclosure myself.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I finally managed to remove the cupboard and took the machine out so happy to check the pump and everything.