Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a teka ft2 240 fridge freezer. The freezer was

Customer Question

Hi. I have a teka ft2 240 fridge freezer. The freezer was working ok fridge too warm, compressor running full time. I defrosted and after the whole unit remained warm. I cleaned the dust from the back coils and now the compressor periodically turns off but whole unit is warm. I have tried to get into the back of the freezer to check for dirty coils or fan problems but can't seem to remove cover at rear of freezer compartment. Also there don't seem to be any fan vents visible. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

If you put your hand on the compressor at the back (black thing) is it hot or just warm and does it ever stop?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Tha compressor is hot to the touch snd as I said in my first message, it now periodically turns off.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Instructions, Diagram etc. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Can you confirm when the motor goes off - do you get a click from the back of the appliance?