George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

I have a Bosch Excell dishwasher - ENR no. SGS45E68GB/56. It

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Bosch Excell dishwasher - ENR no. SGS45E68GB/56. It worked normally until we went on a ten day holiday then suddenly stopped taking in water. I have checked water supply pipe & no blockages, pressure is ok also. The machine just hums, I have also checked the impellor which still spins ok, I can check this as the machine still operates with the door open.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its around 10 years old, on the front it says Bosch Exxcel. On the date plate inside also has this code - S9G1B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I've took the left hand side panel off and also checked that the float switch is working by pouring in water with a watering can and starting the washer and manual lifting the switch which stops the flow
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've just reset the dishwasher & pressed start. Looking from the left hand side ( with the panel still removed ) I could see water flow through the clear part, but doesn't seem to be getting inside the washer as I've then opened the door to check
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 months ago.

Look at the image in the link below.. This is on the left side with the panel removed...

Check the hose marked '1' for blockages (fat)

If there are no blockages I would replace the part marked with a '2'