Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have Siemens siwamat xt1050. During washing there was

Customer Question

I have Siemens siwamat xt1050. During washing there was strange sound in the machine. After it started to flash the active light and take water about for 1 second and then have a pause of some seconds and then the pattern repeated. I turned the machine off and then on again. After that it starts the program normally, and it takes water but SAME TIME it drains the water out. So water is just running through the machine. I have test it several times and every time it behaves same way.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Siemens Siwamat XT 1050. I got it when it was used so I do not know how old it is, may be 5 to 10 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have skills in electricity and fixing appliances, so I can do things with normal tools and DVM.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is everything I know now. I can try to find the problem if there is way to proceed. Anyway it seems that the drain pump is on even when the machine should only take water.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

I suspect the issue may simply be with the placement of the drain hose. It must be higher than the top of the washer and the end cannot be sealed or in the water in the bottom of the stand pipe. Is the drain hose properly installed?