Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Our Bosch Exxcel condenser tumble dyer is showing fault code

Customer Question

our Bosch Exxcel condenser tumble dyer is showing fault code F11.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Approx 6-7 yrs WTE86304GB/03/FD8605 200495
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: Sorry my wife is on the phone and I don't know for sure. She has mentioned intermittent stopping part way through cycle and machine showing F11
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Cleaned all accessible filters
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Worth fixing or better to replace
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Im sorry but this isnt good news.

F11 error code is a fault on the main control board itself. When ever you get the F11 error code its always down to th control board nearly.

One thing you can try if you havent already is fully remove the plug from the socket and leave it 30 minutes and that will allow the control board to discharge itself.

Then see how it goes from there.

But if still the same then im afraid this is a control board fault. Now this is an expensive repair and given your dryer is 10 years old as going of the FD number you posted it was made in may 2006 then its probberly not worth fixing as some boards can be around £150 just for the part itself.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.